Your Guide to Accommodation in Auckland
Booking accommodation in Auckland
Auckland accommodation is plentiful ranging from low cost backpackers and bed and breakfasts, to self-catering motels and apartments, to luxurious resorts and 5-star international hotel chains.
Generally speaking, like airline flights, hotel accommodation goes on sale around a year out from the intended travel date. However other options like camp sites, B&Bs and motels can generally be booked via a direct approach before this.
Types of accommodation
Travelling on a budget? Or looking for that special somewhere to make your trip to Auckland, New Zealand, truly memorable? You may want to consider these accommodation types:
- Camping sites – stay in a tent, motorhome or caravan and get close to nature
- Backpackers or hostels – budget accommodation mostly with shared facilities
- Bed and breakfasts – private homes and guest houses offering rooms with breakfast
- Holiday homes – private homes that you can fully hire for days or weeks at a time
- Apartments – self catering accommodation with useful facilities like laundries
- Motels – mini self-catering motels perfect for families and groups on the move
- Hotels – ranging from small boutique hotels to large international chains
Meet our Official Travel Provider of the Games – AOT GROUP
The Official Travel Services Provider of the Games is AOT Group. AOT Group can offer advice and information on accommodation and sightseeing options in Auckland and across New Zealand. AOT will have advance accommodation available to World Masters Games participants in their online portal, so check there first to see the options on offer. You can also get their help to book large groups and teams. Email email@example.com
Meet our Official Hotel and Fine Dining Partner of the Games – SKYCITY
What better way to experience Auckland than by staying at SKYCITY, home of the iconic Sky Tower, two world–class hotels, award winning dining precinct and entertainment complex in the heart of Auckland.
Choose to stay at either the 5-Star SKYCITY Grand Hotel, or 4-Star SKYCITY Hotel where both Hotels offer genuine kiwi hospitality coupled with an array of world–class services and facilities. Delight your taste buds with an array of restaurants, try authentic kiwi staples or Asian, American, Spanish, Italian or Japanese or fusion inspired dining. The choice is yours at SKYCITY Auckland.
SKYCITY is about 5 minutes walk from the Games Entertainment Hub on Auckland’s waterfront. Visit www.skycityauckland.co.nz
Other Useful Links
To help with your research, the following links may also be useful. If the accommodation you want is not on offer now, you may want to come back after April 2016 when more options may be available.
Tourism New Zealand